Can you see yourself working at the most forward-thinking sawmill in the Northern Interior region, processing approximately 80,000 m3 of dry balsam a year? Seaton Forest Products is hiring a full-time manager! Founded in 2016, Seaton is a locally owned and operated cant mill west of Smithers, BC. Seaton is proud of its sustainable model, using dry balsam wood for cants and converting chipped waste into supply for a local pellet plant. If you would like to drive the future of this exciting local business, please send us your CV – we would love to hear from you.
- Manage day to day mill operations to ensure production numbers
- Negotiate log price and volume with local wood suppliers
- Research the possibility of obtaining TSLs / secure volume
- Communicate with broker regarding product sales
- Liaise and negotiate with Ministry and Industry
- Oversee personnel hiring and terminations
- Lead safety program
- Sawmill experience
- Forestry background, RPF an asset
- Experience with log buying
- Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather
- Physically fit
Wages will be commensurate with experience. To apply, send your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.